"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself. " - Joyce Maynard
Below is a collection of articles and websites that offer information about how a parent can help their student to excel socially, emotionally, and academically. These are just a few of the great resources that are out there for parents. If you have some great articles/websites/resources that you would like to share with other parents via this parent portal, please e-mail me the link so that I may post it. Don't forget to check back periodically for new posts!!
- “Talking With Kids: Talking Through Angry Feelings:” PBS.org
- “Teaching Your Child Self-Control” Kidshealth.org
- "How to Talk and Listen to Your Child" by: Onetoughjob.org
- "Parents' Guide to Student Success" by: PTA.org
- "Taming Tempers" by: Kidshealth
- "Tips for Divorcing Parents" by: Kidshealth.org
- "Helping Kids Deal With Bullies: by: Kidshealth.org
- "Cyberbullying" by: Kidshealth.org
- “5 Ways to Bully Proof Your Kid:” by: Kidshealth.org
- "Test Taking Tips for Parents"
- "10 Easy Tips to Help Your Elementary-Age Child Study for a Test" by: Anne K. Dolin M.Ed.
- “Proper Nutrition Can Make Your Child A Top Student” by: Gobala Grishnan
- “Encouraging Your Child's Language : A Foundation for Literacy” by: Robert E Freeman, Ed. S
- "Integrating Daily Life with Reading Comprehension” by: Freda J. Glatt M.S.
- "Top 10 Homework Tips" by: KidsHealth
- The Center for Parenting Education
This website features articles and audio-visual presentations that help parents explore many facets of positive parenting.
This website offers a host of information about parenting, how to communicate with your child, articles about child development, and fun and interactive games that you can do with your child.
This website offers a variety of videos, articles, and other resources for parents. There is a great deal information about assisting children academically and socially and is altogether a great resource.
This website shares some great information about child development, parenting tips, and how to help your child manage behaviors and emotions.
- Consent for Counseling