Coaching Certification Guidelines for Uncertified Individuals
To be a Coach at South Lewis, and in any Public School in New York State, people that are not currently certified with the New York State Education Department would need to fulfill requirements to get certified as a Coach. The attached document gives an outline of the guidelines that need to be followed to be a certified Coach. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact C. Brian Oaks, Director of Health, Physical Education & Athletics at (315) 348-2562.
Click HERE for Document
Fitness and Recreation Opportunities at South Lewis
Multi-Purpose/Fitness Room Schedule (As of January 2012)
*Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm -
*For Staff, and Athletes with a Coach
Monday-Thursday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm - For the public
Fitness/Multi-Purpose Room Rules
- Supervision is a must! No one will use fitness/multi-purpose rooms without supervision!
- All individuals must wear appropriate workout clothes and clean athletic footwear while using multi-purpose room
- Spotters are required for all lifts using free weights
- Please wipe off machines/seats after use
- No horseplay
- If you are not sure how to use equipment, ask for assistance
- No food or drink in the facility (water bottles accepted)