NOMINATING PETITIONS FOR BOARD
OF EDUCATION SEATS AVAILABLE
The South Lewis Central School District will hold its Annual Budget vote and Board of Education election on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 from Noon until 8:00 PM EDST. The Board seats currently held by Scott Chrzanowski of Constableville and Barry Worczak of Lyons Falls will expire on June 30, 2019. The vacancies to be filled will be for a full five-year term. Candidates for a Board of Education seat must meet the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the United States;
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Able to read and write;
- A legal resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one (1) year prior to the election;
- Cannot be an employee of the South Lewis Central School District;
- The only member of his/her family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the South Lewis Central School District Board;
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office, including, but not limited to Superintendent; tax collector, treasurer or librarian, or an employee of the Board.
Nominating petitions to fill this vacancy may be obtained at the District Office, 4264 East Rd., Turin, New York, Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM except holidays beginning March 11, 2019. All nominating petitions must be filed with the District Clerk not later than 5:00 PM EDST on, Thursday, April 18, 2019. All nominating petitions must contain a minimum of 25 signatures of qualified voters of the South Lewis Central School District.